Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in plan layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight and related factors of items stored.
• Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related problems.
• Reviews inventory records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow-moving and excess stock.
• Reviews various warehouse records to ensure accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
• Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Implements work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
• Facilities department training programs.
• Supervises the department function and processes.
• Supervises department for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
• Oversees the work activities and professional training and development of 20 to 30 direct reports.
• Works with Coordinator to attain goals, carry out strategies, plans, and policies to increase profitability and success of the Company.
• Implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
• Assists in developing and carrying out department's goals, objectives, and systems.
• Conducts interviews, appraisal performances, on boarding, and disciplinary meetings including terminations.
• Approves payroll and amends Source Time errors for hourly employees.
• Fills out appropriate paperwork, i.e. hiring, termination, replacement, performance evaluations, accident reports, vacation requests, and counseling forms.
• Monitors employee's adherence to company rules and policies and takes necessary corrective action if needed.
• Assists in reviewing and maintaining crewing levels and optimizing to meet or surpass NPF cost targets.
• Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
• Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
• Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
• Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
• Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Logistics or other related field preferred.
• Associate's Degree Required.
• Three (3) years Logistics experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Fork lift certification required within 30 days of employment.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of one (1) year Supervisory experience.
• Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
• Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
• Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the organization.
• Sound technical skills, logical ability, and strong problem analysis and resolutions skills with a strong operational focus.
• Ability to demonstrate discretion and business ethics.
• Ability to gather and analyze all types of data, identify the appropriate relationships between the different data anticipate business directions and recommend fact based decisions.
• Prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines.
• Good interpersonal, as well as strong written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
• Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
• Previous fork lift experience and experience with bar coding and automatic data collection would be helpful.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Warehouse Supervisor will report directly to the Warehouse Coordinator.