vice-president, marketing operations the role
The vice-president of marketing operations is responsible for architecting, managing, and implementing processes, tools, initiatives, infrastructure, and technology to align key priorities within marketing and across the business. They will play a key role in creating scalable processes to remove friction, streamline growth, and make metrics easily accessible. The role is responsible for the development of more streamlined workflows, finding tools and technology to improve efficiency, and driving change management needed to implement new ways of working.
The vice-president of marketing operations will have the ongoing responsibility to determine and define project approaches, scope, and objectives, capacity planning, and managing resources in an effective and efficient manner. They will build and lead a successful team while they maintain ongoing communication with leaders across the organization and be responsible for ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are successfully completed.
Their expertise in a wide variety of project types will allow them to make strategic adjustments as needed and measure performance to identify areas for improvement. The vice-president of marketing operations is an agent of change that provide the clear vision and communication needed to operationalize a large, complex, and ever-changing marketing department. key accountabilities
knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Create, build and manage a high-performing marketing operations function responsible for program management, asset management, marketing tools, and technology.
- Design and operate the systems, processes, and roles that enable marketing strategy development, decision-making, and execution.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for multifaceted future workflow processes to ensure our marketing operations are evolving with the organizations needs and changing marketing environment.
- Oversee the roadmap of all marketing initiatives, leveraging strong collaboration, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Drive vision and execution of the internal marketing tools & technology needed for maximum efficiency.
- Own and drive the quarterly and annual marketing planning process ensuring marketings strategic objectives are aligned with business goals.
- Partner closely with a small team to execute as a strategic lead, as well as remain closely involved "in the weeds"/tactical execution.
- Responsible for martech stack strategy, ensuring that the marketing and communications team has the right tools and resources to deliver programs, forecasts, and campaigns accurately and on time.
- Create scalable, repeatable initiative templates and processes to improve our ability to scale our marketing programs.
whats in it for you
- 10+ years of professional experience in operations or program management and at least 5 years building and managing a team.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading high-performance operations and analytics teams that help drive business outcomes.
- Experience developing high-impact strategies to improve effectiveness and drive key metrics.
- Experience working within process disciplines (such as agile, lean, six sigma); PMP preferred.
- Highly analytical and data-driven, with a proven ability to leverage a deep understanding of business metrics to drive outcomes.
- Process-oriented, with the ability to simplify, automate, and improve team effectiveness through process improvements.
- Demonstrated success operating in a cross-functional environment and delivering business outcomes.
- Proven experience with operations management, change management, and organizational transformation.
- Comfortable managing changing priorities, learning new skills, and building consensus across varied stakeholder groups.
- Experience in working with growth marketing, brand, design, research, and finance & analytics teams in a large, fast-evolving organization.
- Sufficient IT knowledge to identify and manage needed infrastructure support and software solutions.
- Excellent written, oral, and social interpersonal skills with powerful storytelling in simple language.
- Possesses a strong leadership presence; serves as a senior leader within a company, is influential with a diverse group of stakeholders, and can create buy-in with both technical and operational teams organization.
- Proven ability to educate and influence management and senior leaders to act in a desired manner.
- Experience developing a high-performing team.
- Ability to inspire others to be assertive in their roles through the consistent demonstration of confidence and clear leadership.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced matrixed environment.
- Strong preference for candidates residing in the Eastern or Central US Time Zone.
- Largest global staffing leader
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Excellent benefits package - medical, dental, vision
- Generous PTO policy earned from day one
- Education and professional development
- Rapid career growth
- Retirement savings and security
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- Short and long term disability
- Employee assistance program and health advocacy
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account
- Metlife auto and home insurance
- Metlife legal plan
- Referral reward program
- Exclusive discounts and programs with dozens of nationwide vendors and retailers
For certain positions, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable state/local mandates, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Ask your Randstad representative for more information.
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards () . Ranked as a 2022 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a Human Rights Campaign 2022 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, and a 2022 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact .