Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to prepare financial statements, and other financial analysis reports in compliance with GAAP for Capital markets segments and certain of the firm's regulated subsidiaries. Oversees and directs the prepration of financial packages for senior management and executives. Influences strategic direction, develops tactical plans and completes difficult assignments with latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Regular contact with senior management and other internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve accounting issues and provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. Participates in pre-acquisition analysis and due dillegence with the Capital markets business acquisitions evaluated and executed by RJF.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and manages the Capital Markets financial reporting teams and processes ensuring compliance with GAAP, SEC and other rules and regulations.
• Manages technical accounting and oversees business units' treatment of accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards and compliance with regulations.
• Maintains frequent and regular communication with Capital Markets business units to discuss any changes in business practices, contracts or agreements or new business items that may impact the financial or regulatory reporting, including disclosure items.
• Implements and oversees the update of internal financial reporting policies, procedures and accounting pronouncements relevant to the Capital Markets segment.
• Oversees departement's procedures and identifies and implements improvements in efficiency and / or controls
• Ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley in relation to financial reporting internal controls.
• Oversees preparation of reports for management and Board of Directors.
• Oversees preperation of supporting materials and disclosures for the the earnings releases and SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K.
• Advises senior management on a variety of accounting related business.
• Researches and interprets FASB accounting pronouncements and relevant interpretations of accounting pronouncements.
• Plans, assigns, monitors and manages the work of the Capital Markets reporting teams.
• Coaches and mentors associates, identifies training needs and approves development plans.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Company's working structure, policies, mission and strategies.
• Advanced accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Sarbanes Oxley compliance regulations.
• General ledger systems and financial statements.
• Generally Accepted Principles of Accounting (GAAP).
• Accounting software applications.
• Financial services and products.
• Analyzing financial information.
• Leading teams.
Presenting information to senior management in a clear and concise manner
• Reporting accounting data and information.
• Preparing management reports.
• Interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
• Establishing departmental objectives.
• Promoting effective coordination between business unit and other functional areas.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of others.
• Identify training needs and develop subordinates.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels, including senior management, to accomplish objectives.
• Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
• Lead meetings and contribute to team efforts by ensuring all relevant information is included in the outcomes.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Implement changes to standard procedures when required by specific situations and circumstances.
• Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve complex problems.
• Organize, prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and constant interruptions, including those delegated, to complete work efficiently.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Accounting or related field and a minimum of twelve (12) years of professional accounting experience, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a management role.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• CPA required.
• Series 99, or ability to obtain within 120 days (as required by FINRA), may be required depending on assigned functional area.