Get your career and grow with us!
Were in the financial services industry, but were not a bank. Were in the people business. Inspired by the credit union philosophy of people helping people, weve developed a strong and growing tradition of investing in our employees, our members and our community.
OnPoint is the largest community owned credit union in Oregon and were growing! Our growth provides great opportunities for you to reach your personal and professional goals. We value enthusiasm, commitment to outstanding performance and providing opportunities to truly make a difference. We invite you to explore and grow your career with us!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Responsible for exceptional member service to include eye contact, welcome greeting, thanking the member by name, interest and willing to help, energy in body language and tone, friendly comments and ensuring members needs are fulfilled.
- Performs and documents over the counter transactions as identified in the teller habit pattern.
- Understands and determines acceptability of negotiable items and member identification.
- Identifies and addresses member questions and concerns to offer solutions.
- Listens for clues in order to identify cross-sale opportunities. Refers to appropriate staff members or opens product/service as appropriate.
- Assists with lobby management traffic to ensure members are being helped in a timely manner and feel welcome.
- Keep informed on up-to-date financial services and tools offered by Credit Union and educate members of new services and tools available to them.
- Maintains cash drawer and balances within guidelines established by Credit Union.
- Able to assist or lift 50-pound bags of coin. Stands for extended periods of time as required (up to four hours at a time).
- Performs any additional duties as required by the Management Team.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually to consistently meet and exceed set goals determined by the Credit Union.
- Proficient in counting cash, arithmetic, ten-key and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of member service, sales, interpersonal communication skills, problem solving, motivation to accomplish set goals, organization and self-management skills.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- A minimum of 6 12 months prior Teller experience within a financial institution, retail sales, or a customer service position involving cash handling experience required.
- Bilingual skills are highly desired.
- Must have Saturday availability.
OnPoint Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.