VRS is working remotely at this time. We will return to the office in a hybrid work environment (2 days a week in the office) on a future date. Candidates selected for this position must be able to meet this hybrid work schedule.
The Virginia Retirement System (VRS), the 18th largest pension plan in the United States with over $100 billion under management, is seeking an experienced investment professional for the credit strategies program. VRS is located in Richmond, Virginia. Richmond is a city recently ranked as the fourth-most populous city in Virginia, more than 200,000 residents enjoy the arts, musical entertainment, fine dining, competitive and leisure sports, challenging mountain trails, glorious gardens, and family-friendly attractions many of which feature the James River. Richmond is frequently ranked as one of the best cities to live and work in America with easy commutes from suburban communities or historical urban neighborhoods. VRS offers great work/life balance and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes annual incentive bonuses. Please visit VRS' website () for additional information on the agency and fund.
The Technology Investments Solution Manager is a hands-on leadership, technical, analytic, and staff management role, requiring strong leadership experience and comprehensive experience in financial systems with an emphasis on big data and data analytics. This position will focus on establishing processes and procedures, defining standards, developing roadmaps, ensuring compliance with procurement regulations, managing contracts, managing day-to-day operations, vendor managed services, and providing strategic plans for all Investments related technology. This person will remain current on data analytic and related methodologies for financial institutions as well as be knowledgeable on emerging technology trends that are potentially beneficial to the Investment department. The Technology Investments Solutions Manager plans and directs the efforts of the the Technology Investments Solutions team.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field.
- Ten (10) years in-depth experience in delivery for financial institutions with experience in data management, innovation and implementations, contract and vendor management, and security compliance.
- Six (6) of these years of leadership/management experience to include delivery and related methodologies and contract management. Experience may substitute for education in some situations.
- Comprehensive experience in leadership, analysis, administration, and proactive cost management.
- PMP or equivalent strongly preferred.