Apply for this job now
Survey Project Manager
- Sarasota, Florida
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Dewberry is looking for a Professional Surveyor/Project Manager to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Sarasota, FL office. This position includes a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering projects. Duties include: consulting; preparing proposals and contracts; providing guidance and direction to field crew(s) and surveying technicians; overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans; conducting deed and plan research and review; preparing ROW plans and agreements; performing field work associated with land surveying, engineering and construction projects; performing survey computations and data collection; CAD oversight and quality assurance
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
* Consulting with clients.
* Providing guidance and direction to office staff and field crew(s).
* Team building skills within the technical survey staff.
* Overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans.
* Train field staff in land surveying procedures.
* Prepare weekly survey crew schedules.
* Coordinate with Sunshine One Call and local utility providers.
* Monitor project schedules, budgets & deliverables.
* Manage and coordinate projects with multiple team members.
Required Skills & Required Experience
* Registered Professional Land Surveyor in Florida or ability to obtain Florida PLS within one year.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in all aspects of land surveying, project management is required.
* AAS or BS Degree in Surveying is preferred.
* A successful track record of building client relationships in the surveying and related mapping industry.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
* Experienced in all aspects of Land Surveying (FDOT a plus).
* Perform Boundary Surveys & ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys & As-built plans.
* Data reduction and processing of field files, topographic surveys, etc.
* Knowledge of Spectra (GPS processing) and AutoCAD Civil 3D software a plus.
* Have the ability to work out of town if required, flexible with work area.
* Must have a clean driving record and be able to maintain a valid driver's license in order to operate company vehicle.
* Must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening.
* At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
* Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
* Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
- Job Reference: 386579524-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Dewberry
- Location: Sarasota, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent