Zurich North America is currently hiring a Staff Legal Secretary for our Manhattan Staff Legal office to perform a broad range of administrative and secretarial support for two general liability defense attorneys. The position is in the New York City office.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Organizing and maintaining electronic case files
- Drafting and filing legal pleadings, motions and correspondence
- Managing attorney calendars
- Scheduling and confirming depositions
- Processing authorizations for retrieval of records
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures for the New York City and upstate NY area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Legal Secretary area within the Insurance industry
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Legal Secretary area within the Insurance industry
- Experience drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Experience providing administrative support to one or more attorneys
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively draft complex legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with litigation management software systems
- Organization and prioritization skills
- E-filing experience and understanding of court rules/procedures for New York
Applicable Only to Jobs to be Performed in New York City
The salary range for this role is $56,400 - $70,500. This is the range Zurich NA in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. Zurich NA may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-MM1 #LI-HYBRID