* Represents the company in a professional manner at all times while providing outstanding customer service that aligns with Enerflex visions and values.
* Responsible for submitting accurate field service reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily.
* Responsible for directing, coordinating, and performance of the job activities in a manner consistent with the projects goals and objectives.
* Responsible for providing full leadership and training to both new and junior level Field Technicians.
* Possess knowledge and ability to independently diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently.
* Provides input to Supervisor on personnel and materials needs to provide optimal job planning.
* Lead and complete, accurate, and timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field in adverse conditions with no supervision.
* Responsible for accurate advanced level troubleshooting of electrical systems, controls, and unit control panels such as Murphy, Altronic, and Allen Bradley.
* Responsible for accurately competing advanced engine tuning functions to adjust engine performance and emissions on multiple major OEM's (CAT/ Waukesha).
* Diagnoses of reciprocating and screw compressors and associated systems, service, overhaul and failure analysis.
* Rebuilds/overhauls of compressors and controls on refrigeration/process systems.
* Possess knowledge and ability to respond and repair recurring problems and emergency services as needed independently.
* Independently lead installation of new units including commissioning and start-up inspections with no supervision accurately.
* Possess knowledge and ability to perform mechanical inspection using micrometers, pressure gauges, electronic diagnostic equipment and other specialty tools independently.
* Must be able to be on a call-out rotation and effectively make emergency repairs.
* Must recognize and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location.
* Other duties assigned by supervisor.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and advanced vocational/technical training.
* Must have 15+ years applicable experience
* Must have proof of certification from CAT/ Waukesha (or equivalent) to:
* CAT Gas I
* CAT Gas II
* CAT Electrical
* Ariel Basic
* Ariel Mechanical
* CAT 3500 ADEM III
* CAT 3500 ULB
* Waukesha VHP
* CAT 3600 ADEM III
* CAT 3600 Master Mechanic
* CAT Failure Analysis
* Waukesha 9390
* Must also stay current on all updated OEM model specific training.
* Must have the ability to provide preventative and corrective field mechanical service on refrigeration and process systems, and/or production equipment on site at end user locations.
* Must understand Installation, Assembly, Commissioning, Trouble Shooting and Repair procedures related refrigeration and process systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend, and kneel. Lifting requirements will vary and may weigh up to 75 pounds on an infrequent basis and 35 pounds on a regular basis. Pushing and pulling valves, climbing stairs and ladders on a regular basis.
Environmental factors include heat and humidity and onsite locations could be cold, rainy and muddy. A hard hat, safety glasses and ear plugs may be worn for 3 hours at a time and steel toe all day.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Enerflex grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, genetic information, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Equal employment opportunities are provided in recruitment, hiring, promotions, wages, benefits, and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.