Performs various clerical and physical duties, restricted to the encapsulated product line, to prepare products for shipment; verifies receipt and shipment of raw materials and manufactured products; performs material handling and in-house delivery services; loads and unloads trucks and maintains warehouse areas in a sanitary condition. Performs all duties in accordance with Balchem's SOP's and with all safety regulations and requirements.
1. Receives materials and verifies that incoming shipments are correct by comparing items and quantities against bills of lading, purchase orders, manifests or related records; unloads material from trucks; inspect materials for damage; samples all raw materials as per SOP and delivers to QC department; moves materials to storage area; delivers to departments as requisitioned after QC approval; enters receipt of material data into computer.
2. Moves finished products from production; stretch wraps when required and stores in warehouse. Upon receipt of order, prepares product for shipment; in accordance with instructions on order using SOP for labeling and package preparation.
3. Verifies that orders to be shipped are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities against shipping documents; checks to ensure shipments are properly packaged, labeled and documented; loads and secures shipments into trucks; prepares and files copies of shipping records.
4 Performs material handling functions; stores and maintains finished goods and raw materials in the warehouse in designated locations and in a manner that ensures that oldest inventory is used first.
5. Maintains warehouse and work areas according to the maintenance schedule to comply with safety and sanitation regulations and requirements.
6. Performs daily maintenance checks of fork truck using checklist.
7. Prepares and submits all receipts and required paperwork to the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator. Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
8. Performs other related duties.
9. Responsible for food safety.
10. Responsible for notifying supervisor of any incident affecting food safety.
11. Must be proficient in all requirements of the Skill Block Qualification associated with position.
High school level education or equivalent; minimum of one (1) year of shipping, receiving, warehousing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Valid driver's license and experience driving a fork truck.
Constant activities such as climbing, stooping, crouching, bending, reaching, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting objects up to 100 lbs. with assistance, driving fork truck, using pallet jack and hand truck.
Reads documents; operates fork truck and related material handling equipment; performs data entry on computer terminal; operates a motor vehicle.
Works inside and outside subject to temperature changes and periodic exposure to fumes, odors and dust.