Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Technical Business Analyst is an active thought partner who contributes to shaping the technology demand among the Exact Sciences business community. The Senior Technical Business Analyst will partner closely with cross-functional team members to define Exact Sciences value-driven information technology (IT) solutions. This role collaborates with stakeholders, IT business solutions, enterprise platforms, and application developers to collect, maintain, and prioritize the software product backlogs. The Senior Technical Business Analyst position will work with development teams to define user stories, acceptance criteria, and ultimately to verify that the work generated by the software development teams meets the stakeholders' requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with department leads and IT business solutions leadership to analyze existing business processes, systems, and analytical tools to identify pain points and opportunities for system improvements or areas of low to medium complexity.
* Quantify projected return on investment, to include quality and efficiency gains to assist in prioritization of projects.
* Develop detailed documentation, such as gap analyses, business process flow charts, decision tables, features, and business requirements documents to aid in the development and refinement of new analytical tools and processes.
* Quickly develop a detailed understanding of the data, processes, and systems utilized by the business area.
* Serve as frontline support in troubleshooting process and systems issues and provide ongoing operational support, as needed.
* Work to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business sponsors.
* Clearly articulate and document business requirements.
* Translate business needs into requirements utilizing a structured process for gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change to assess and recommend solutions based on cost vs. benefit analysis and parallels to overall business strategy.
* Maintain project requirements and scope.
* Support project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
* Provide input and support during implementation phase, to include carrying out software user testing, composing standard operating procedures (SOPs), and/or conducting employee training.
* Maintain documentation of changes and improved procedures.
* Support various functional applications.
* Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
* Assist in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
* Understand application configuration and clearly articulate how changes are made.
* Monitor performance after implementation of changes to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
* Research best practices, end-user needs, and present options and strategy for implementing changes.
* Evaluate and understand current processes and workflows.
* Proactively provide process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
* Proactively resolve customer satisfaction issues.
* Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions; monitor and manage vendor relationship and performance.
* Provide leadership assistance to other analysts by modeling best-practices and approaches and serving as a mentor and coach to more junior colleagues.
* Apply strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrixed environment to build consensus across functions.
* Ability to influence systems and business outcomes across immediate project teams, key stakeholders in IT, IT management, and limited stakeholders in business groups outside of IT.
* Ability to be adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations, and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
* Capacity for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
* Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
* Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
* Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
* Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
* Ability to work designated schedule.
* Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
* Ability to work on a mobile devise, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
* Ability and means to travel between local Exact Sciences locations.
* Bachelor's Degree in field as outlined in the essential duties; or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 4 years of relevant experience as outlined in the essential duties in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
* 5+ years of relevant professional experience as outlined in the essential duties.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
* Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* 5+ years of experience operating under SDLC or other software-specific project management process.
* Experience working as a business analyst, quality analyst, or product owner on technology development projects.
* Experience working on Agile development teams.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.