The Senior Systems Engineer in ETPA combines software development, networking and system engineering expertise to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant software systems and infrastructure. This SRE role is critical in supporting technology advances in CME's electronic trading and clearing platforms. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. Achieving these goals will require an understanding both the underlying technology and the continuous integration and delivery of the applications. The candidate must be able to solve problem creatively using industry standards, communicate effectively, and possess the ability to lead others to achieve the critical mission of the team. The individual is heavily involved in the development of automated systems to enable the scale and speed necessary to deliver high-performing applications.
- Engage in and improve the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Platform Team in the design and development of software tools to reliably manage application delivery.
- Works closely with our Technical Operations and Business Operations teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other teams as needed for the resolution.
- Developing tools and process for different levels of support to more proactively eliminate issues.
- Support services before go live by actively participating in design consulting, developing platforms and platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain service once launched into production by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health to help eliminate issues.
- Practice sustainable incident response and a blameless postmortems.
- In-depth Linux/Unix system administrator experience where the individual has had root access in a large (10,000+ servers) critical production environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Service mesh like Istio.
- Programming/Development experience in Java, C#, Golang, and/or scripting languages such as such as Python, Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience as a cross-functional team member with focus on accountability and collaboration.
- Experience codifying and automating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes and solutions.
- Experience working in a Cloud environment, supporting applications and deployments.
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelors Degree: Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related experience.)
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.