Apply for this job now
Senior Property Field Adjuster
- White Plains, New York
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
White Plains NY
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
As part of the Kemper home claims team, you are part of the team that delivers on a promise to provide exceptional service to our customers who have experienced a recent insurance loss. Our Senior Property Field Adjusters use their attention to detail to accurately interpret insurance coverage and to assess the structural and personal property damages. Your prior experience in the field, as well as building code and construction knowledge, will allow you accurately investigate, measure, and resolve claims. You must be comfortable climbing roofs and crawling into tight spaces such as attics and crawl spaces.
This position entails some overnight travel, and you must have the availability to travel on CAT duty regionally and across Kemper's US market as business dictates. As a remote Senior Property Field Claims Adjuster, you may handle more complex losses independently and with minimal direction, you will have the opportunity to work from home.
Kemper will provide you with a company car, laptop, cell phone, digital camera, and other equipment to set up a home office. This opening is for a Senior Property Field Adjuster servicing the White Plains, NY area.
* Use attention to detail to accurately interpret insurance coverage and to assess structural and personal property damages.
* Investigate, measure, and resolve claims.
* Provide excellent customer service to our customers.
* 3+ years progressive 1st party personal line property loss experience as a Claim Representative.
* Education equivalent to a college degree or the equivalent in related work experience; however, a college degree is preferred.
* Advanced estimating software experience required, Xactimate experience is a plus.
* A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
* Ability to travel overnight as needed.
* Candidate will be working in White Plains, NY area
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
- Job Reference: 386579599-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Kemper Corp.
- Location: White Plains, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property
- Job Type: Permanent