Elicits and understands business requirements within a squad, while partnering with key stakeholders to efficiently communicate business goals. Acts as the main interface between end users, product management, and the systems' organization. Works with the business to build roadmaps for products.
* Engages with prospective and current clients and business partners to understand workflows and client needs.
* Documents business requirements through journey and story mapping and epic and story writing.
* Designs with actionable acceptance criteria.
* Breaks down complex business problems by understanding business needs, and crafting an understanding of how digital solutions meet those needs.
* Influences and understands the priority of components to complete a program.
* Maintains backlogs to understand expected outcomes for products.
* Analyzes and details current business and system interrelation workflows.
* Identifies opportunities to meet project objectives and makes recommendations for future approaches to achieve business outcomes.
* Works with Scrum Master to organize and prioritize steps to be taken to remedy issues.
* Develops user definitions, use cases, and workflow diagrams to illustrate business problems.
* Participates in business acceptance testing and works with developers to triage pre and post code release defects.
* Works with key business partners -- performance delivery, operations, and client implementations -- to ensure product implementation and readiness.
* Supports activities of other team members when required.
* Actively participates in formal presentations to a variety of management levels.
Education and Experience:
No degree and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience performing business and systems analysis within an asset management and alternative investment environment.
Or, alternatively, Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience performing business and systems analysis within an asset management and alternative investment environment.
Or, alternatively, Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience performing business and systems analysis within an asset management and alternative investment environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
* Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") performing business analysis of core asset servicing custody -- posting, settlement, transaction, and bookkeeping processes; analyzing systems interrelations between distributed platforms into mainframe applications (z/OS, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, and DB2); settling buy, sell, commitment, calls, transfers, reconciliation, or exchange transactions using Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC); creating customer statement and tax reports using Tax Accounting System View (TAS); and performing asset valuation, using Security Master, workflow mapping (VISIO or GIFFY), and image retrieval application for inbound and outbound mailings and document retention/generation according to regulatory and compliance program rules for Financial Services.
* DE gathering and interpreting business, functional, and technical requirements -- interacting with end users or end-user representatives to define, interpret, and clarify the scope of complex business requirements and process issues into logical use cases (epics and stories) -- to support the building or enhancement of alternative investment applications in the brokerage financial industry; and performing GAP analysis and creating current and future state workflows using Microsoft Visio.
* DE analyzing and defining the product management lifecycle -- managing requirements and workflows, using JIRA, Confluence, Tableau and MS Visio -- for institutional brokerage products; and performing end-to-end implementation of brokerage digital platform products -- creating new digital transaction experiences on brokerage platforms and assisting with implementation and go to market strategies.
* DE in the full systems development lifecycle -- participating in daily stand-ups, sprint and iteration planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings -- according to Scrum and Agile methodologies; maintaining product, sprint, and iteration backlogs, and epics, journey, and story mapping, using JIRA, Confluence, and MURAL; and performing Functional and User Acceptance (UAT) testing of stories; and performing data validation and bug resolution, using XRAY and SQL.
* Multiple Openings
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you've always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to or by calling , prompt 2, option 2.