Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
PAE has an opportunity for a Secretary II to join our team in Arlington, VA
This position provides principal secretarial support in an office, sometimes to one individual but in most cases to the entire office or program division. The Secretary maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the office supervisor and staff, works fairly independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance, and performs various clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office. Computers exist in the environment, requiring working knowledge of certain office software programs.
In addition to the duties of the Secretary I, the Secretary II handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the office according to the office supervisor's general instructions, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
* Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally respond to requests for information concerning office procedures; determine which requests should be handled by the office supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices, prepare and sign routine non-technical correspondence in own or supervisor's name.
* Schedule tentative appointments without prior clearance.
* Make arrangements for conferences and meetings and assemble established background materials as directed.
* May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings.
* Review outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with supervisor's procedures; assure that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed.
* Collect information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on office program(s) or periodic reports, and refer non-routine requests to supervisor or staff.
* Explain to subordinate staff office supervisor's requirements concerning office procedures, coordinate personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
Additional administrative program support duties may include the following: reserving and preparing classrooms, organizing training materials (including duplication and/or photocopies, preparing name tents, door signs, etc.), submitting service requests, assisting in basic logistical arrangements, performing data entry on course registration/enrollment, running reports, and providing general administrative support to students, instructors, and guest speakers.
Perform program assistance support functions at an increased level of responsibility and proficiency required of the Secretary I.
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
* High School Diploma Required, relevant Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal secret clearance if needed.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
* Work experience in an educational or training institute.
* Skills or experience relevant to the particular training division that the contractor is being proposed to support (e.g. foreign language skills in SLS or regional experience in SPAS/AS).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Fluency in the English Language.
* Two to three years of experience in a related field.
* Superior organization skills with a high level of attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* The ability to interact effectively in a multicultural setting.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to follow technical direction; work independently and as part of a team.
* The ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office business applications software sufficient to meet the needs of their specific position (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement