2411 Pilot Knob Road Mendota Heights Minnesota 55
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Plans and establishes production schedules for manufacturing departments, release orders to individual departments, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors that affect schedules.
- Create daily production schedules by using job travelers to schedule product into the correct areas, making sure that all the pertinent information is there for the departments.
- Monitor work processes/production reports to assess completeness
- Watch schedules closely to make sure items are removed and rescheduled as needed to ensure that departments are not searching for product that is complete.
- Provides positive and professional leadership guidance to all employees at all times
- Facilitate positive customer relations through the services of quality coated product and on-time delivery
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports to the Customer Service Supervisor, and through operation supervisors must assist with coordination of activities of all production departments
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to pay attention to the small details of a project or task.
- Being organized in performing tasks
- Able to work under pressure to complete schedules if needed
- This position will also be cross-trained as a backup in job write up, customer service and invoicing.
- And if needed will be used on the production floor to help meet customer deliveries.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School graduate or GED
- Three years scheduling experience.
- Basic computer data entry ability
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Some of the working conditions for this position is in a manufacturing shop environment with exposure to dirt, grease, fumes, cold, heat, noise, dust. The Scheduler will work in both the office and shop environment. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .