Information About this Position Company and Job Overview
BJC Home Care offers patients and their families a complete range of home care services, including skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are available, including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes, orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest in the country.
Registered Nurse evaluates the client and furnishes services requiring substantial and specialized skill, appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, and instructions to assist the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques. When assigned as case manager, the staff nurse is responsible for coordinating all aspects of care related to that patient.
- Monitors patients response and modifies plan of care accordingly.
- Provides accurate documentation as required.
- Delivers direct patient care by assessing and evaluating patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- RN license
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing/Home Health
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer