A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: New Orleans
RETAIN DISPOSAL TECHNICIAN
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Retain Disposal Technicians are responsible for handling all samples submitted to the facility. This covers whether the sample is submitted for testing or is sent from other offices for the purposes of retain only.
* Accumulate all samples designated for retain.
* Make sure all sample lids are tightly closed and inspect the container for cleanliness. If the sample is not properly cleaned, then proper cleaning materials should be used.
* Transport all samples to the Retain Building; ensure that all samples are secure during transport to prevent any spillage.
* Ensure proper supplies of bottles are maintained for laboratory and retain use; notify the supervisor if additional supplies are needed.
* Ensure the Retain Building is properly maintained and clean to company standards; dispose of broken and used bottles in the proper manner.
* Obtain disposal list from supervisor to determine which samples are scheduled for disposal.
* Follow disposal procedures in disposal of samples.
* Empty oily rag containers to prevent combustion of materials.
* May be required to pick up and deliver samples to various locations as assigned by the supervisor.
* Encourages laboratory performance through communication with lab staff and management to promote empowerment and accountability.
* Reports to work punctually and observes all Inspectorate applicable federal and state regulations and standards, Terminal, Refinery and/or vessel requirements, including quality, safety and environmental standards.
* Supports the ISO certificate(s) and assists in the corrective/preventive actions process.
* Works a rotating schedule including weekends, holidays and must be available to work on an on-call basis.
* Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct; behaves ethically at all times; maintains open communication with Lab Manager.
* Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures; Business Management System; Compliance and Ethics Policies; and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
* This position reports to Lab Manager or Assistant Lab Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the normal knowledge, skill, and/or ability levels required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively to employees in their work group or department.
* Ability to add their work hours on their time card.
* Ability to apply common-sense understanding to complex situations and able to prepare and/or follow instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, smell and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Depending on location site, while performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near explosive material and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and/or heat; possibly working in enclosed spaces. The noise level is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1- or email us with your request to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: