Respiratory Therapist Traveler - Yampa Valley Medical Center, Steamboat Springs, CO
13 week travel contract with option to extend
Shift - Rotating ShiftsNEW WAGE INCREASE $45/hr + travel stipend / packageRRT and ACLS and BLS are required for this contract.At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. Respiratory Therapist Traveler - Yampa Valley Medical Center, Steamboat Springs, CO
Our respiratory department oversees 24/7 respiratory care throughout the hospital including ED, Med Surg, ICU, Birth Unit and NICU, OR, PACU. This is an inpatient respiratory position. We staff one therapist per 12 hour shift in-house. 13 weeks2-4 years recent / current / like experience as a RRT TravelerCO RTL licenseNICU experience
As a UCHealth Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT be a current employee,
and you must live more than 75 miles away from the facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel contracts.Job Duties
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices. Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance.
- Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment utilizing appropriate protocols.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community resources.
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program. Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years in acute setting.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider. Any additional relevant life support certification to be tracked by applicable unit.
- BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR and ACLS card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
This position's pay rate is $45.00/hour + travel stipend/package. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here. Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.