Join our team to innovate and improve products designed to seal and protect global, concrete infrastructure. Supporting our commitment to quality products, our newly renovated laboratory hosts state-of-the-art equipment to support our research and development team. Join us in developing technology for today and tomorrow!
As the head of our research and development team you will: lead the research and development department in development and maintenance of our entire product line and technologies managed by our technical staff, use internal development techniques and utilize outside resources when needed for new product development and the protection of existing products to meet the company's financial goals. You will be involved in influencing standards and specifications within our industry and ensuring our products comply with industry standards and regulations. Production support includes scale-up new products and setting and maintaining quality assurance measures throughout the production process.
- Physical and Testing Laboratory experience preferred (15-20 years preferable).
- Experience managing a laboratory or technical group (5-8 years preferable).
- Ability to plan, organize and execute your own tasks for product development and technical support to meet company requirements.
- Broad understanding of production equipment and testing methodology required.
- Ability to prepare test reports utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must have a Bachelors (BS) degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science or science-related field of study, a Masters (MS) is preferred.
- Knowledge of current US legislative regulations and chemical trends is a plus.
- New Technology Identification: Identify and recommend new technology for investigation and implementation. Provide technical assessment and value to the company.
- Internal Product Development: Lead technical staff in the development of new products using internal formulation techniques for successful product introductions.
- Chemical and Material Science Skills: Has established technical skills and is recognized as an expert in at least one area of the company business. Able to serve as product champion for various portions of the company business.
- Leadership: Directs R&D staff's energy to achieve technical objectives and provide technical support to assist with the appropriate company divisions (i.e., executive, marketing, sales, production).
- External/Internal Relations: Responsible for maintaining excellent technical relations within ConSeal and external suppliers and identifying future technology/business partners with strong external participation where possible (e.g., ASC, ASTM, ACI, ACS Rubber Division and AC Show). Use interpersonal skills to effectively build trust in technology vendors to maximize technology exploration opportunities. Must be able to work with staffers who have different technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Staffing: Maintain high quality level of scientists who address formulating, finished product transition to plant and Sales interfacing as needed.
- Staff Development: Develops and teaches direct and indirect reports to higher levels of technical competency for the betterment of ConSeal.
- Product Safety Stewardship: Ensure ConSeal product line and technical communications (e.g., SDS, TDS, etc.) are accurate and compliant with current legislative standards. Appraise Executive Management of future trends that may put the product line at risk.
- Laboratory Safety: Develops and implements safety procedures to achieve a zero accident and injury rate for the laboratory.
About Concrete Sealants (ConSeal):
Celebrating its 50 th anniversary in 2020, ConSeal leads the sealant industry through innovation, technical expertise and customer support to the precast concrete and concrete infrastructure industry. Our on-going commitment to the development of - often revolutionary - new products, coupled with our excellent technical and customer service support, has made us the one company users look to for the most reliable solutions to their concrete problems. Our products seal, coat, waterproof, densify and protect concrete with a growing array of potential solutions. Join us as we work side-by-side with concrete producers to provide the next industry innovation!