Apply for this job now
Research Assistant I Lab
- Allston, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
One year of related work experience (relevant course work may count toward some, but not all, required work experience).
This is a one-year term position with possibility of extension, contingent on work performance and continued funding to support the position.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage:
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
We are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
* Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
* Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
* Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
* Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
* Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
* Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
* Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
The Research Assistant, Lab Operations will support laboratory operations for an interdisciplinary research team that is working to understand the genetic and cellular basis of normal human brain function and of brain disorders including Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, and Huntington's disease. The McCarroll Lab occupies lab space on two different floors in the New Research Building at the Harvard Medical School Longwood Campus. This position will support laboratory operations in both lab spaces.
The McCarroll Lab () studies the human brain using a variety of approaches and technologies, many of which we invented in recent years and/or are further developing. These include approaches for analyzing RNA and proteins in thousands of individual cells simultaneously ().
Coordination and collaboration within interdisciplinary research teams (that combine biology, statistics and data science) is a key aspect of this research.
- Job Reference: 386584122-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Harvard University
- Location: Allston, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent