Apply for this job now
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Research Analyst Business Development
Gordon Brothers is looking for an analyst to join our Business Development team. The Analyst will work in conjunction with the manager of research and general Business Development team to provide full analytical support, as well as other analysis such as industry research and trend analysis to support on-going efforts of business development and revenue generation for the firm. The role may also include examining due diligence, trend analysis, company research, and routine measurement reporting for the business development efforts. The analyst will be interfacing with new and existing lines of business across the global organization and is encouraged to be curious in targeting new opportunities for all divisions. This position is based in the Prudential Tower in the heart of the Back Bay and will report into the Manager, Business Development and indirectly to the Head of Business Development.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
* Analyze and report on daily economic and financial news.
* Distribute key indicators on daily events of interest to the firm for future research opportunities.
* Conduct high-level research on companies' financials, personnel, operations, and position in their respective marketplace.
* Develop robust analyses and presentations highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of companies to identify opportunities for Gordon Brothers.
* Develop and solidify outside relationships with research and data.
* Review existing subject company overviews, industry analyses, and economic analyses within report presentations.
* Maintain various databases to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
* Provide analytical support for research, which includes due diligence, analysis, and data collection to ensure the accuracy of supplied information to management.
* Work in accordance with established methodology and utilize standard models and templates with direction.
* Own and analyzing prospecting tools and analysis.
* Communicate trends and ideas with business partners.
* Handle multiple projects with the support of a team in a friendly learning environment.
* A BA or BS in a related field or equivalent experience, with a concentration in business, finance, accounting, or economics is required.
* One to three years of related experience in a lending, finance, accounting, or business-consulting environment is desired but not required. The experience can include relevant internships.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications in a Microsoft Products-based environment, including strong technical skills with Excel and Word, is required. A working knowledge of PowerPoint is preferred.
* Knowledge of Access, Visual Basic, and PowerBI, are preferred but not required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical, presentation, and project-management skills, strongly desired.
* Use of problem-solving capabilities to look in-depth at information pertaining to a deal is required.
* Demonstrated ability to spread historical financial statement data, including income statement and balance sheet, preferred.
* Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple projects is essential.
* Periodic travel of up to 25% may be required.
Gordon Brothers offers a very competitive total compensation package, including base salary and bonus plan, health insurance, dental benefits, a generous 401(k) match, time off benefits, and more.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Gordon Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Reference: 386583062-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Accuval
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
- Job Type: Permanent