Responsibilities Primary Function
Under the general supervision of the Office Manager/Coordinator performs reception, data entry and clerical duties to facilitate and provide quality patient care in an out-patient setting. May communicate with patients ranging in age from 0 to 100+.Essential Functions
Qualifications Full-Time Days, 40 hours/week - 8am-4:30/5pm (occasional evenings) Experience:
- Meets all standards of the Patient Satisfaction Initiative Criteria in order to make AH the hospital of choice for Patients and Employees.
- Performs various phone reception duties; schedules appointments, greets patients, new registrations and preparation of day sheet to promote smooth office flow of patients.
- Post charges and payments in computer to ensure appropriate payments are received. Reconciles day sheet and total monies collected to ensure data collection/statistical information is accurate. Prepares and assists in collection and preparation of deposits submitted to bank.
- Collect and record all copayments and other payments for service at the time of the visit in order to minimize collection efforts at month end.
- Generate HMO referrals as requested. Verify participation of referral doctor in order to maintain compliance with the managed care company guidelines.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and courteously to ensure access of patients, physicians, referral sources and other vendors into the office.
- Maintains and updates patient medical records and returning them to records to file in a timely manner to maintain office filing system.
- Travels to physician practices on a daily basis to help maintain appropriate staffing and operation of the practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1 year medical office experience required, 2 years medical office experience preferred. Education & Training:
High school diploma or equivalent required. License, Certification & Registration
- Achieve Healthcare Provider CPR Certification from the American Heart Association prior to employment and maintain certification thereafter.
- As of July 1, 2011 a valid Driver's License is required.
Conditions of Employment
- Professional conduct and appearance.
- Leadership qualities.
- Interpersonal communication skills, good phone and computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.Closing Statement
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.