Apply for this job now
- Wheeling, West Virginia
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Work directly with the Director of Projects and Vice President of Administration to help coordinate and oversee the myriad of aspects pertaining to this position which include Oglebay and Wheeling Park proper. Constantly monitoring the progress of all capital projects and associated grants and reporting progress reports to stakeholders. Over the course of our projects you will need to communicate with staff and clients, make the appropriate decisions and monitor our projects to keep them on schedule and on budget. The Project Manager will work closely with upper management and project team members to establish project needs, deadlines and budgets. The Project Manger is to delegate tasks among their team members, considering always their skill level and qualifications. They would also be responsible for motivating their team and from time to time resolving conflicts between team members to ensure a productive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manage Capital Projects and Capital purchases for both Oglebay and Wheeling Park.
* Identify the scope and potential associated cost of each project.
* Work collaboratively with all contractors and internal staff of various projects; ensure completion on time and within budget.
* Review progress of projects and advise of any updates or changes to cost and/or completion time.
* Provide weekly updates to Director of Projects and VP of Administration.
* Understand governmental requirements and technicalities associated with government funded projects.
* Help in creating both long term and short term plans including setting targets milestones and most importantly adhering to deadlines
* Setting up cost centers for all projects and understanding the upkeep of Smartsheets
* Follow the PO process and the needed procedures to manage the assigned budgets.
* Communicating with Oglebay leadership to keep the projects goals aligned with their goals.
* Delegate needed tasks on the project to contractors subs and employees best positioned to complete them
* Throughout the many projects make the most effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to best progress a certain project.
* As a support being the point contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure teams and trades actions remain in synergy.
* Throughout the project process direct the needed quality control of a project to maintain the expected standards.
* Adjusting schedules and targets of a project as needs or financing of a project changes.
* Evaluate drawings and specifications to determine requirements necessary for the project's success.
* Constantly work in progress to ensure conformity for those specifications and schedules.
* Help create bid documents for new projects.
* Manage the Pre-bid and Bid meetings as required.
* Direct the maintenance of Smartsheet reports or other reports to detail the progress of Capital Projects including where the project stands as it relates to the budget.
* Work with Admin to track and report on expenses, encumbrances and open PO's as they relate to Capital Projects.
* Manage creating Close out Documents for the closed Capital Projects and sending them for review to Vice President of Administration.
* Manage the process of moving Closed Capital Projects to the closed sheet on Smartsheet.
* Direct the creating of the folders with all of the official documents, including the signed proposals, quotes, etc.
* Manage the preparation of budgets for unfunded capital expenditures and ensure that they updated as needed
* Complete appropriate training's listed on the human resources Training Matrix
* Adhere to Wheeling Park Commission's safety rules and policy; refer any and all safety concerns to department manager, safety committee or human resources
* Interact with the public with a cheerful and positive attitude, solve guest problems and complaints in a proper manner, and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees.
Manage and supervise a total of 2 employees the business project manager and administrative assistant. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Also included are interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Business or Management from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Reference: 386581036-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Oglebay
- Location: Wheeling, West Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent