Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
North American Medical Management, California, Inc. (NAMM California) partnered with OptumHealth in 2012. NAMM California and OptumHealth share a common goal of bringing patients, physicians, hospitals and payers closer together in the mission to increase the quality, efficiency and affordability of care. NAMM California is a part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. NAMM California develops and manages provider networks, offering a full range of services to assist physicians and other providers in supporting patient care coordination and their managed care business operations. For over 18 years, NAMM California has been an innovator in health care with a track record for quality, financial stability, extraordinary services and integrated medical management programs. NAMM California is well positioned to continually invest in its infrastructure and systems for the benefit of its provider clients and to accommodate the impending changes that will come forth from healthcare reform.
The NAMM California provider clients represent a network of almost 600 primary care physicians and over 3,000 specialists and work with the premier hospitals in their respective markets.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Discover it here at UnitedHealth Group and help us reinvent the health system. We're going beyond basic care, providing integrated health programs with a member-centric focus. The challenge is ensuring we deliver the right care at the right time. When you join us as a Radiology Technician, you'll be making a difference in peoples' lives by offering field support and assistance to members seeking health education, program referrals or general health services.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Whether in-person or over-the-phone, we're working to help others live healthier lives while providing an opportunity for you to do your life's best work .(sm)
The role of the NAMM Radiology Technician Performs radiology tests under the guidelines written in the radiology policy and procedure manual. Adheres to all safety guidelines such as wearing a personal monitoring device during all working hours and standing behind protective barriers during production of x-rays. Follows standing orders and repeat film exposure policies.
This is a patient facing position, primarily supporting walk ins and scheduled mammograms. The position is Monday - Friday (no Nights, Weekends or Holidays!)
We are offering 3 flexible schedules Monday - Friday:
7:00am - 4:00pm
8:30am - 4:30pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
- Responsible for knowing exam ordered and SBMG protocol for that exam, proper positioning, proper shielding of the patient, and technique needed to ensure diagnostic quality images while minimizing patient exposure
- Greet patients by name and give clear verbal instructions to the patient regarding exam preparation, positioning and follow up
- Handle all radiology equipment carefully to maintain performance and longevity. Perform daily calibration and Q.C. tests as required by manufacturer.
- Route images performed to radiologist for interpretation
- Communicate service needs to supervisor and facilitate communication with service providers
- Adhere to mammography procedure manual and perform all mammograms under written guidelines
- Review all procedure manuals and other required reference materials
- Assist in front and back office as needed
- Clean x-ray exam rooms and equipment
- Forward preliminary reports to referring physician
- Maintain all licenses and CME requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.