Provide physical therapy treatment to patients of all ages under the direction and supervision of physical therapist. All procedures are carried out in accordance with established standards, policies, protocols and guidelines. Qualifications
- Associate Degree required.
- Maintains (or is eligible for) licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant in State of Illinois.
- Healthcare Provider or Instructor BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Two years of PTA experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates respect for patient rights by considering their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values.
- Knowledge of proper procedure for all physical therapy modalities, including age-specific, precautions and contra-indications.
- Follows treatment plan established by the physical therapist with no unauthorized variations.
- Educates about disease process, equipment use, and rehabilitation techniques, as appropriate and documents education and patient response in medical record.
- Recognizes changes in condition that may require re-evaluation by the physical therapist.
- Engages in at least one yearly activity which promotes individualized professional development.
- Actively researches and develops new services and/or continuously suggests improvements to existing services.
- Maintains complete and accurate patient record.
- Treat patients in aquatic environment.
- Reviews existing documentation in current chart prior to patient treatment.
- Performs treatment procedures safely and in accordance with APTA standards and department policies.
- Communicates with the Physical Therapist and other team members to assure effective teamwork within the work setting.
- Demonstrates support for and participates as requested in accomplishing MHS, departmental and team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.