Eden Prairie, MinnesotaBrief Description:
Shutterfly Inc. is hiring for a Photo Studio Manager in Minneapolis (Eden Prairie).
The role reports to the Director, Photography and is responsible, and accountable, for the photo operations team and the end to end process from the successful execution of internal and external photo shoots to the final delivery and storage of digital assets. You possess the ability to think strategically and act quickly and maintain supreme control during the sometimes-hectic environment of a photo shoot. You will have prior experience setting up and managing an in-house photo studio for lifestyle brands. You will be producing and delivering digital photography including location scouting, fee negotiations, contracts, budgeting and vendor relations.
How will you make an impact?
- Own photo related operations with direct responsibility for tracking, measuring and reporting success and promoting and enforcing studio accountability to meet productivity and branding targets
- Own end to end photography production for all creative projects, from project planning, individual estimates for each project to securing and scheduling photographers and all crew to final asset delivery, job wrap cost analysis
- Manage and oversee freelance and contract talent, such as producers, photographers, stylists and others
- Manage all outsourced external vendor relationships, contracts and budgets
- Oversee the photo process, data tracking, daily production, and project schedules both on location and in studio
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and revise policies in line with company directives and oversee execution of the goals
- Innovate, develop and implement processes and procedures to maximize operational efficiencies
- Gather, analyze, and report on utilization data for efficiency & cost-benefit assessments across all verticals and formats
- Partner with the Director, Photo to align photo schedules with creative projects and maximize usage of photography assets
- Work with cross functional business partners to develop and implement category specific photo guidelines and service level agreements
- Source and negotiate with outside resources such as photographers, stylists, merchandise coordinators, HMU artists and models
- Create estimates and track expenses; responsible for keeping shoot/crew on track with expense to meet budget requirements and communicating photo schedules to participants and business partners
- Drive workflow and process improvements to maximize efficiencies
- Standardize processes to optimize productivity and meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Consult with internal clients in various departments to ensure clear direction and expectation for deliverables
- Demonstrate knowledge of currency with photo/video technology, equipment, industry trends, pre-pro, on-set, post-production process and software, and competitive marketplace
Your success will be because you are/have...
- 8 years in a photo production environment
- 3 years people photo studio management experience
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and be able to speak to photo and video with authority
- Ability to organize time and meet deadlines, manage workflow and prioritize effectively
- Ability to think strategically across a wide range of cross functional initiatives
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel, and familiarity and comfort with database and marketing project management applications
- Proficiency with Adobe CS applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- 4 years college preferred or equivalent experience
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Shutterfly's purpose is to help Share Life's Joy. For over 20 years, Shutterfly has and will continue to empower customers to make the most out of life's most memorable moments. We delight over 10 million customers, processing over 26 million orders yearly and hosting over 40 billion photos. That is a lot of memories. Memories become stories we pass down through generations.
Where you work is as important as what you do. Shutterfly's values guide us in how we Share Life's Joy. We are warm, inclusive and collaborative; we grow through innovation; we debate important decisions, then fully commit are a few of our values. Who you work with is important too. Shutterfly employees are talented, committed, collaborative and nice too! To learn more about us, go to Shutterfly Inc .