Eden Prairie, MinnesotaBrief Description:
Shutterfly is hiring a Photo Sourcing Manager in Minneapolis (Eden Prairie).
The Photo Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing supporting brand strategies on photography and driving the execution of photo sourcing needs for our Shutterfly brands. His/her main goal is to source compelling visual photography that reinforces each brand's positioning and merchandising strategy. This person will help us set the photo strategy and manage sourcing photographers and photographs, the photo production calendar, as well as deliver within budget and on time. This role will partner closely with the brand and merchandising teams, coordinating work and output by partnering with teammates on the photo team.
How will you make an impact?
- Strategy and Management (20%)
- Assist in setting photo sourcing/differentiation strategy, including new, innovative ways to source photos.
- Develop weekly sourcing goals by vertical/occasion and appropriate project timelines to ensure goals are met.
- Photo sourcing - secure new photos per brand strategy that supports marketing campaigns and merchandising design team's requests/briefs. (40%)
- Recruit new photographers and secure photo release forms
- Review photographer portfolios, past customer orders and miscellaneous submissions; identify/request desirable photos and seek approval from manager
- Load all approved photos into content deployment system
- Manage photo sourcing budgets and track invoices
- Photo Placement & QA (20%)
- For all launches, set photography into new product, considering assortment requirements, trend initiatives and technique (i.e., cropping, filter, overlays, etc.)
- Responsible for reviewing live product pages to ensure assortment looks cohesive on the whole and is achieving photo strategy goals and swapping out photography when necessary
- Cross- Functional Photo Support (20%)
- Work with brand and marketing and merch to communicate and align on photography sourcing strategy across touchpoints
- Assist in sourcing and placement of photography for high profile marketing vehicles such as ads, catalogs and emails
- Present updated photo strategies to affected cross-functional teams
Your success will be because you are/have...
- Keen visual eye for pairing photos with designs
- Strong photography and photo enhancing skills
- 3-5 years merchandising/photography experience preferred
- Effective communicator with photographers and customers
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience in managing budgets and tracking invoices
Shutterfly's purpose is to help Share Life's Joy. For over 20 years, Shutterfly has and will continue to empower customers to make the most out of life's most memorable moments. We delight over 10 million customers, processing over 26 million orders yearly and hosting over 40 billion photos. That is a lot of memories. Memories become stories we pass down through generations.
Where you work with is as important as what you do. Shutterfly's values guide us in how we Share Life's Joy. We are warm, inclusive and collaborative; we grow through innovation; we debate important decisions, then fully commit are a few of our values. Who you work with is important too. Shutterfly employees are talented, committed, collaborative and nice too! To learn more about us, go to Shutterfly Inc .