Apply for this job now
Photo Producer - Wind & Weather/Viva Terra Brands
- Madison, Virginia
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Job Summary: The Photo Producer plays a vital role in the planning and execution of Photo Studio activities on-site as well as on location. Working closely with studio, creative services and merchandising team members, the Photo Producer organizes and plans the details and logistics of upcoming photo shoots, plays a key role in the management of a photo shoot ensuring deliverables are met within the schedule of the shoot and ensuring image assets are prepared and assigned systemically for post-production work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
* All shoots for Wind & Weather catalog, organizing details and requirements, and staying on budget.
* Assigns all Wind & Weather and VivaTerra images in system post production, in addition to adding measurements and callouts to additional shots and views
* Attend product turnover meetings for assigned catalog to determine sample needs for photography.
* Work closely with Senior Art Director to scout locations, create shot lists and schedule shoots.
* Communicate with Art Directors, Photographers, Stylists, Grips, Product Buyers and other Photo Producers regularly to communicate deliverables and progress.
* Distribute photography shot lists; update and redistribute as changes occur.
* Order samples for photography from stock as necessary.
* Verify samples are in, follow‑up with Product Managers on sample status.
* Facilitate photo shoots on location and in studio.
* Manage and track photo shoot budgets.
* Develop, maintain and book freelance resources, including photographers, stylist/stylist assistants, grips and models as needed.
* Work with Grips to pack and label boxes/merchandise.
* Arrange truck rental (pick-up and drop-offs).
* Assist with liquidation of inventory post photography, identifying items to stay in studio or sent to outlet.
* Process and record invoices related to photo shoot production.
* Request compensation fee(s) from Accounting for photo location owners and models.
* Maintain databases for shoot locations, vendors/freelancers, budgets and post photo documentation.
* Work with studio staff to keep studio and warehouse area clean and organized.
* Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, to perform job function:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university or 2-4 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in a Photography Studio / Catalog Photo Production.
* Proficient with Mac OS and PC.
* Software knowledge of Filemaker, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Assertive but pleasant, positive approach, flexible and adaptable.
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; represents company to location owners and vendors.
* Excels in team environment and can also work independently.
* Overnight travel required and the ability to work additional hours during photo shoots.
* Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Job Reference: 386581847-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Plow and Hearth, LLC
- Location: Madison, Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Job Type: Permanent