Hospicare & Palliative Care Services of Cortland and Tompkins Counties is hiring Per Diem Registered Nurses (RN) to provide compassionate, skilled care to patients in our hospice residence. We've increased our starting pay to $42.00 per hour for RNs, plus differential pay for overnight, evening, and weekend shifts.
Our Hospice Residence facility on South Hill in Ithaca is a beautiful space where residents and staff have views of our pond and landscaped grounds, where every shift has an RN and HHA team serving no more than 6 patients at a time, and where volunteers bring food and companionship to residents and their families. At Hospicare, we believe that our patients and their families matter, and that our work is incredibly life-affirming, filling the hearts of our staff with the personal connection with each patient and the knowledge that all of us can live with dignity and care.
We know there are many health care organizations hiring for positions, and we are committed to being the very best place to work in our region. Our goal is to respond to each applicant within one business day. Hospicare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion, or any other protected characteristic and we encourage applicants from marginalized communities to apply.
Hospicare is especially interested in per diem staff with availability to work the evening (3pm-11pm) and overnight (11pm-7am) shifts.
Per diem positions are not benefit-eligible.
- Understands and is committed to the hospice philosophy of care.
- Able to function as a team member.
- Able to relate to and care for diverse groups of people in a calm, courteous, and professional manner.
- Able to relate well to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Maintains patient and caregiver confidentiality.
- Is a licensed Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in New York State.
- Has two (2) years experience in acute care. (preferred)
- Has experience in hospice and/or home care. (preferred)