Description Robert Half is looking to staff a Payroll Manager with our well-respected client! This Payroll Manager will help achieve standards that are necessary for growth within the financial department and will be responsible for work on tax-related tasks, such as W2 forms, preparing reports and updating policies. If you are a dynamic Payroll Manager with excellent communication, proven leadership, and are deadline driven, this may be the role for you.
What you get to do every single day
- Organize payroll systems and timekeeping
- Supervise and coach payroll clerks and assistants
- Follow internal policies and act in accordance with relevant laws
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g., salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third-party payments)
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Regulate system upgrades and the processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises)
- Collaborate with accounting and Human Resources (HR) teams
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Collaborate with auditors and manage payroll tax audits Requirements
- CPP, CPM, or other related professional certifications is a plus
- Skillful in handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- Compliance knowledge
- 2+ years of proven leadership experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Previous experience with multi-state payroll, Canadian payroll and taxes
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Understanding of multiple payroll applications
- Sound understanding of current payroll procedures and related laws
Robert Half is the worlds first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity even on the go. Download the Robert Half app () and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.