Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video . Role Mission:
The payroll clerk assists with executing payroll for a segment of IDEA staff members. The payroll clerk partners with the payroll supervisor to ensure staff are set up in HR systems by the payroll deadline and communicates with employees and managers to provide excellent customer service and increase clarity of and compliance with payroll processes. The ideal candidate must be analytical, detail-oriented, and must have great communicational skills. Previous experience in payroll or experience in other administrative tasks in an educational setting is preferred but will also consider candidates with a general HR background with strong technical/analytical skills.Accountabilities:
Accuracy in payroll data entry and processing
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for staff members within employee subgroup
- 98% accuracy in data entry for respective payroll type/employee subgroup
- Process requisitions and maintain records
- Update payroll records by entering adjustments
- Submit accounting adjustments to accounting team when necessary
- Support payroll team improvement efforts with special projects
Staff members understand how their pay is calculated
- Staff are contacted within 48 hours (excluding weekends) from outreach
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies
- Proactive outreach to newly hired staff and managers
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to appropriate personnel
Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: 1-4 years of payroll experience
- Knowledge payroll processing.
- License or Certification: FPC Preferred.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, etc.
- Proficiency skills in keyboarding and file maintenance required.
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner required.
- Ability to read, analyze and apply mathematical concepts such as computing rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to perform under immense pressure
- Ability to learn software programs and system processes with ease
- Efficient computer skills with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $14.56/hour and $18.20/hour, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at .