This role offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our Maintenance team.
What you will do:
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edger's
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb tools
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bed-plate and establish center line, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and sub-assemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
What you need to be successful:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Must have cutting torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must be safety oriented and comply with ZES
- Be willing to work overtime and to be on-call to support operations
- Must have 2 years of Millwright work experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment and/or Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
What will make you stand out:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts
- Able to work overtime and willing to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
Outstanding benefits package including:
- Competitive starting pay
- Benefits starting Day 1
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace