Digital Commerce 360 is a global leader in ecommerce research and media, with over 20 years of experience in retail and B2B ecommerce reporting. As the founder of many groundbreaking products and events-including Internet Retailer® magazine, the Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition (IRCE) and The Top 500 Guide-our storied history speaks for itself.
Each year, our industry-acclaimed journalists publish a multitude of products including 30+ topical research reports, newsletters, charts and infographics, webinars, live events, and financial and performance data on thousands of ecommerce companies around the world.
Our company mission is to deliver accurate and objective daily news, trend analysis, and competitive research and data to help power our vast community of executives, retailers, financial firms, manufacturers and more.
Digital Commerce 360 is seeking a research analyst to join our team in a full-time role.
Our ideal candidate is a true investigator-willing to do extensive digging to unearth key nuggets and data points on individual retailers, brands and marketplaces that Digital Commerce 360 tracks. We need someone who is adept at discovering and evaluating insights as well as gathering, analyzing and distilling data to identify trends and understand where a company or the overall market is headed. Our team seeks a fast learner who can quickly grasp the nuances of the industry and what's valuable to our audience, which wants to learn how and why online retail is growing as well as what to expect in the future.
Prior knowledge of the ecommerce industry is not required, although curiosity is a must and a basic understanding of business practices is preferred. The right candidate can grow quickly in this position.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role in ecommerce research, we welcome and encourage you to apply for this position!
For U.S. applicants: Digital Commerce 360 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Remote work available
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program
- Research online retailers, brands and marketplaces we track-on everything from company history to financial performance to website features and services offered to customers-in order to inform data for our research reports and databases
- Conduct in-depth market research by merchandise category, retail channel, geographical area, peak season, device type and other topics to support our research products as well as editorial coverage and live event presentations
- Synthesize findings from consumer and retailer surveys, data sets from technology partners and other sources to guide a variety of market estimates
- Analyze and interpret internal data sets to identify industry trends and dig into the "why" of the results
- Serve as the lead researcher on assigned research reports, working with the writer and editor to determine the angle of data collection and analysis
- Take quality-control measures to ensure data accuracy and that methodology is executed properly and refined when needed
- Work with the research team year-round to collect data from various industry resources
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a research-oriented role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Concentration or work experience in business/finance, market research or journalism
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis as well as critical thinking skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts with the ability to extract relevant information from company financial reports, regulatory filings and other documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Infogram (owned by Prezi) is preferred
- Detail-oriented nature with the ability to multitask and move projects forward-all of which are crucial qualities for this candidate
- Quality-driven on all projects and takes pride in producing high-level results
- Enjoys collaborating in a true team environment
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey findings clearly to team members, other departments, and our readers and data consumers
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Keeps up with the changing media and market research landscape
- Ready and willing to learn new skills and programs when needed