Title: Management & Strategy Consultant
Lead. Grow. Impact. Founded in 1994, LGI provides strategic and technical expertise to support the public safety and national security needs of federal, state, and local government agencies. From emergency communications services and technical assistance support, to mission-critical law enforcement management, LGI is at the forefront of public safety and national security innovations.
With a diverse team of professionals, who have served on the front lines of law enforcement, criminal justice, emergency management, the military and government, LGI offers its customers a broad array of talent and capabilities. Key areas of expertise include management of law enforcement and public safety programs, data analytics, development of advanced technologies, support of cross-border interoperability initiatives, and outreach to state and municipal agencies. LGI manages a comprehensive portfolio of local law enforcement and U.S. Government programs in the areas of cybersecurity, countering violent extremism, public safety broadband, counter-terrorism, crime control, corrections, national security and intelligence, counter-narcotics policy, and emergency communications.
United in our mission and values, LGI seeks to provide unparalleled service to our clients by supporting the evolving public safety and national security environment.
LGI's core values are the fundamental beliefs that guide our actions, unite our employees, and define our brand. These guiding principles dictate the behavior that all LGI employees are expected to embody and uphold.
Job Summary: Lafayette Group is seeking dynamic and experienced individuals to lead strategic planning, stakeholder outreach, and data management and analysis tasks in support of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) programs. These programs involve many of our Nation's highest homeland security priorities such as enabling secure and interoperable emergency/public safety communications, risk management, cybersecurity, election security, countering foreign influence, secure 5G deployment, and supply chain security. This position will require working closely with Federal clients to understand program challenges and opportunities, identify and execute tasks, coordinate and collaborate with other team members, lead a variety of strategic, operational, and technical analyses, and produce required deliverables.
- 5+ years of external client-facing management consulting experience for government agencies leading tasks and managing/developing client deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience designing/developing communications products in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated problem-solving, solution development, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience working and building relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Ability to interact and network effectively with all levels of staff, including senior leadership
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and to think conceptually, strategically, and learn quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines, adhere to project plans, and work on several projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a government public trust clearance or suitability
- Experience supporting Department of Homeland Security (DHS) programs and clients
- Expertise relevant to CISA programs
- Experience and/or interest in a broad set of management consulting (e.g., strategic planning, organizational change management, risk analysis/management, supply chain) and technology (e.g., data analytics, business intelligence, cybersecurity, 5G) tools and concepts
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Lafayette Group provides equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.