Under the direction of Distribution Center (DC) management, leads and performs maintenance of facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance. Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Prioritizes and coordinates work assignments for Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians to ensure critical work assignments are completed correctly and on a timely basis.
- Coaches Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of good maintenance practices.
- Directs, schedules and performs:
- preventative maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance on high-tech automated equipment.
- Directs and uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains a safe work environment by documenting and correcting potential safety issues concerning material-handling equipment or distribution center facility.
Walgreens () is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America's most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Associate's degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology AND at least 3 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment OR at least 5 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 years' experience with industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- At least 3 years' experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC )logic principles.
- At least 3 years' experience uploading and downloading Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), System Control Software (SCSs), and scanners.
- At least 3 years' experience with electronics such as photo sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), remote Input/Output modules (I/Os), servo drives, and variable frequency drives.
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation.
- At least 1 year experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.