Apply for this job now
Mail Courier - Church Headquarters, SLC, UT
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Posting Dates: 09/28/2021 - 10/17/2021
Available Openings: 2
Job Family: Purchasing, Logistics & Travel
Department: Headquarters Facilities Department
The purpose of this position is to "seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion."
The purpose of the Mail Operations Center is to screen, deliver, and/or ship materials between Church Headquarters and the worldwide Church membership. This Mail Courier position involves a wide variety of distribution and delivery tasks requiring the ability to learn detailed postal (international and domestic) procedures and complete assignments independent of direct supervision.
Compensation: $14.75/hr + depending on experience
Location: Church Headquarters, SLC, UT
Shifts Available Monday - Friday 10am - 2pm or 11am - 3pm
* Provides delivery services using a cargo van or large capacity truck as needed.
* Resolves mail distribution and/or delivery problems.
* May process specialized mailing functions (i.e. USPS, UPS, DHL, Fed EX, etc.) as assigned. Responsible for ensuring accuracy, identifying the least expensive shipping options, considering department needs, creating manifests, operating computer systems, ensuring compliance with customs regulations, and identifying and intercepting contraband.
* May operate standard postal equipment.
* May prepare, process and sort specialized mailings
* May provide screening of incoming mail to ensure the safety of others.
* Maintains postal equipment.
* Provides customer service as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years of work experience (mission may count as work experience)
* Detailed knowledge of shipping or postal procedures and functions preferred
* Must have a valid driver's license
* May be required to become DOT certified including passing a DOT physical exam
* Must have basic math skills, the ability to read and sort quickly and accurately, and proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and data entry functions)
* Must pass all required safety and equipment certifications and trainings as well as a scheme examination within 3 months of hiring.
* Must be able to work in a professional manner with others as well as alone without constant supervision.
* Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat, push, and pull for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to independently lift and position objects weighing as much as 50 pounds. Must be able to team lift and position objects weighing as much as 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at .