28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Machine Operator 1 will be a highly motivated and talented incumbent responsible for drilling and/or tapping parts to meet blue print specifications. The incumbent will aggressively work as part of the production team to meet department goals and customer requirements while ensuring that department goals are met. The incumbent will also be a vital part of ensuring safe working practices are followed at all times and will be accountable for performing daily TPM's (Total Preventive Maintenance).
- Operate various types of drills and saws and cut-off machines
- Verify programs to blue print specifications
- Initiative to make suggestions which will improve efficiency in operating the machines and/or parts production
- Read and accurately follow production blueprints, technical manuals and instructions
- Participating in lean improvements and other team projects
- Ability to work up to 10 hours of overtime per week when required by business needs.
- Ability to bend and pivot as well as lift, push and pull objects weighing 25 pounds throughout the shift.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to read and accurately follow production blueprints, technical manuals and instructions
- Ability to use a computer to enter production data, perform time keeping functions, and interface with machines, and other equipment
- Ability to accurately use a tape measure, calculator, tri-square, thread gage, caliper, micrometer, specialty gage and plug gage
- Ability to machine finished parts from casting and raw materials
- Experience performing quality checks on manufactured goods
- Experience working with Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Hands-on machining operations experience including; drilling, turning, tapping, sawing, and automated cut-off machines
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple distractions
- Prior experience using MFG Pro or QAD applications
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .