At KCoe Isom, we are a firm of change makers and risk takers Our mission is to have impact and make a difference in the lives of our people, clients, and the world we live in.
If you are a proven leader with demonstrated success motivating people and using data-driven insights to support staff, clients, and the organization, we invite you to consider joining us as a Lead Resource Management Specialist.
Our Lead RMS team is critical to our client experience. They help to ensure that the right resources with the right skills are available at the right time. This is done while balancing and optimizing employee growth, client results, and financial and operational metrics. The Lead RMS ensures that we deliver on the commitments we make to clients while leveraging our resources in the best ways possible. The Lead RMS also acts as the central coordinator for client projects within their functional and/or market specialty.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Effectively evaluate and communicate with the Executive Leadership Team and Market Champions to deliver on client commitments and the staffing mix needed to do so.
- Ensure that projects in each mega market are staffed appropriately, given overall firm resources and client goals. Guide staff towards projects appropriate to their experience level and development goals.
- Lead regular calls with Scheduling Specialists and Scheduling Managers.
- Ensure relationships and processes with Operations, People, and Finance are strong, integrated and allow for the agile movement of staff progress and realization of key metrics.
- Partner with KCoe leadership, Audit or Tax Functional Leaders, and the People team to make recommendations to enhance further the effectiveness of Lead RMS efforts across the firm.
- Design dashboards and analyze information used to schedule, trend analysis and what-if analysis as it relates to resource management and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with Talent Advisors to understand the development, performance, and career path options within the Firm and begin to lay the groundwork for the future evolution of the function to support the growth and development of our people through their work experiences.
- Understand and support Firm strategy around the changing ways in which work is performed to include domestic employee resources, contractor and other contingent labor, offshore service centers, and digital transformation/automation of work hours.
- Supervise Scheduling Specialists, supporting them as they ensure the right people are available at the right time to balance employee growth, client results, and key business metrics.
How Your Success will be Measured:
- As this will be a very collaborative role, measurement will be based on feedback from relevant leaders and functions. The Lead RMS will contribute to meeting firm identified utilization targets, ensuring correct messaging on current state, while proactively communicating what needs to be done to meet or exceed targets. They will also be measured on contribution/impact on recruiting efforts and leverage improvement.
Desired Skills and Capabilities:
- A solid understanding of the firm's business and operations as well as a basic understanding of finance
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a national resource management specialist and/or capacity management leader
- Strong understanding of Advisory business, and at least foundational understanding of Audit and Tax
- Excellent process improvement and organizational skills, deadline-oriented and flexibility to meet changing needs of the role
- Proven ability to think strategically as well as drive its execution
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including excellent data management and manipulation capabilities with related software. Comfortable using professional services automation tools and/or time/expense tools.
- Proven ability to manage upwards and drive results.
- Proven ability to set and manage expectations with staff.
- Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a fast-paced environment of rapid growth.
- Proven ability to lead leaders.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy.
- Strong metrics-focus with ability to use analytics to solve problems and to develop solutions.
- Ability to build rapport and gain the trust with all levels of firm personnel.
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Aptitude to learn and leverage new technologies.
- Experience in professional services industry, specifically public accounting, is preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality while balancing needs of the business.
- Ability to work limited evenings or weekends, traveling overnight on occasion
What's in it for you:
- A people-centered culture, with fun included among our core firm values
- A robust training and development program for staff and leaders at all levels
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave.
K COE ISOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.