Apply for this job now
Lead Business Analyst
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
What you'll do...
Responsible for working with users to define and document system requirements for new implementations and enhancements. Other responsibilities will include facilitating requirements gathering and design sessions, reviewing design documentation with users and developers, preparing process and data models, prioritizing system functionality based on requirements, coordinating pilot and test activities, and designing screens and reports.
Responsible for production support of assigned system(s) to ensure efficiency in system and production. Work with developer upon failure of system and apply patches and fixes to current system(s). Work with developer and/or DBA to "tune" the system to ensure the most efficient system(s) within available resources.
* Responsible for ensuring an efficient and smooth production environment for assigned system(s) by applying patches and fixes to system or working with the developer upon failure of system. Responsible for ensuring the least amount of downtime or inefficient production for assigned system(s).
* Use in-depth understanding of system to write reports for users and/or clients from system(s) which aid in business decision making.
* Develop and conduct user training on system(s) functionality.
* Work with field and internal users to understand system needs and develop plans for meeting those needs.
* Assist in large scope projects or lead activities in small to medium scope projects during analysis, design, construction and testing phases of projects.
* Facilitate in requirements and design sessions for smaller to medium scope projects and participate in the requiremetns and design sessions for large scope projects.
* Define and document functional and system specifications.
* Develop process flows, system flows, and data models using modeling and process tools.
* Prioritize system and data functionality requirements based on user needs and project constraints.
* Review design documentation with users and developers.
* Work with users and technical team to produce project charters, scope documents and conceptual design documents.
* Work with vendors and vendor packages to ensure that system requirements are understood.
* Develop test plans and QA activities.
* Coordinate pilot and rollout planning, use enhancement requests and defect tracking.
* Develop presentation materials and conduct presentations to users
* Analyzes current business processes and performance
* Guides the discovery process of all requirements
* Unpacks and refines requirements during product backlog grooming activities
* Asks questions and facilitates communication
* Drives to detailed understanding through focused discussion
* Captures and articulates clear user stories with knife edged acceptance criteria
* Understand the implications of screen flow and ensures the process flows match the way people actually work
* Ensures that real business value is exposed through our applications
* Chief consumer advocate to act on behalf of our clients
* Demonstrated proficiency in system(s) supported
* Demonstrated facilitation skills for capturing requirements
* Knowledge of relational database concepts
* Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
* Exposure to client/server and/or web development
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
* Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
* Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio
* Write requirements for mobile and devices
* Need SE development background
* Need Agile and SDLC
* Strong BA background with ability to do QA
* "Startup" mentality - raw intellect, learning agility, diversity, leadership and innovation.
* Deep analytical skills, strong out-of-the-box thinking and a curious mind.
* Ability to convey complex findings in a clear, compelling and credible manner.
* Highly collaborative nature
* Knows how to question, lighten and re-factor documentation
What you'll bring to the team...
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
* Nine years overall IT experience, including experience with a diverse set of platforms and technologies, as well as, experience with structured methods and the software development life cycle.
- Job Reference: 386584075-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: H&R Block, Inc.
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
- Job Type: Permanent