The mobile app team at Six Flags is seeking an experienced Lead Back-end Software Engineer. In this role you will play an active role in solution design, solving key technical challenges and mentoring the team. The chosen candidate will be passionate about architecting, building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way.
Technologies we use:
C#, Kotlin, Java, Swift, .Net Core, CocoaPods, Objective-C, SQL,
AWS (Cognito, Lambda, etc.), Teamcity, Octopus, Github Actions
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the company as a subject matter expert with the Six Flags app and back-end architecture / design.
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build, deploy, and support software.
- Help define and build new features based on technology and business needs.
- Be empowered to own the technical direction and operations of projects that have immediate impact.
- Contribute to the team culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Support the app where needed including architecting solutions, troubleshooting, etc.
- Bachelor's in a technology related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience with C# .
- 5+ years of experience with .NET Core
- Proven understanding of highly scalable distributed systems in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical design and analysis skill
- Ability to take care of ambiguity and work in fast paced environment
- Deep experience supporting mission critical applications quickly
- Experience communicating clearly with vendors and leadership.
- Ability to skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming.
- Experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
- Experience fostering the idea of "Quality" as a shared team responsibility
- Experience with automated testing
- You're capable of handling multiple ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of DevOps processes (GitHub, CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Cognito, Lambda a bonus.
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Swift a huge bonus.