Apply for this job now
Laboratory Technician I
- Aliso Viejo, California
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Laboratory Technician I who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
This is a Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am - 3:30pm shift.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. It is the common purpose of all NeoGenomics employees to save lives by improving patient CARE through Communication, Accuracy, Reliability, and Efficiency. Our staff physicians, scientists, laboratory professionals, client services representatives, and sales people team up with our clients. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient's disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Laboratory Technician you will work under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, or within a training environment. You will assist with responsibilities associated with processing specimens for clinical testing and will provide general support for the laboratory following established policies and procedures.
* Receive, organize and process clinical specimens accurately; identify worksheet, computer, and specimen problems and demonstrate ability to either resolve or elevate to licensed personnel appropriately
* Prepare and organize written data, printouts, and other documents for licensed technologist to review
* Prepare testing equipment; assist with preventative maintenance
* Report problems concerning individual tasks, equipment, and supplies to the Laboratory Supervisor or the Lead Technologist to ensure timely resolution
* Operate automated equipment per SOP
* Prepare reagents and controls using automated or fixed measuring devices; maintain complete and accurate records of reagents
* Respond promptly to pathologists, managers/supervisors/lead, technologists, and administrative requests
* Log Quality Control and Quality Assurance results for review by licensed technologist and supervisor's monthly signoff
* Assist in preparation of validation documentation preparation for new tests and procedures as required by the company
* Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning or performing / scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance, as required
* Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
Experience & Required Qualifications:
* Education: BS or BA degree is required (in a life or physical science field is strongly preferred) / or AA or AS degree in conjunction with Medical Laboratory Technician License
* Basic knowledge of laboratory techniques preferred
* Basic understanding of MS Office programs
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
* Able to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Job Reference: 386582871-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: NeoGenomics Laboratories
- Location: Aliso Viejo, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent