Apply for this job now
Laboratory Technician 1
- Woburn, Massachusetts
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
NOW HIRING for a Laboratory Technician 1 at our Woburn, MA location!
Pace Life Sciences is looking for a highly motivated individual to support laboratory operations for our Analytical & Formulation Labs located in Woburn, MA! We are adding a full-time team member to the R&D team. This entry level position can begin your career in life science. No Experience required! We train on the job!
Why Work at Pace:
Mission Statement: Working together to protect our environment and improve our health.
* Benefits start first of the following month you start!
* Competitive salaries
* Medical, Dental, & Vision
* 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
* Employee Referral - refer someone, if they are hired and stay 6 months, you earn a $500 bonus
* Paid Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time & Holidays
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Program
* Life, disability and voluntary benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Recognition Program
* Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
* Potential for paid overtime
Tasks for the day:
Maintaining Laboratory Supply Inventory
Buffer & Media Preparation
Troubleshooting laboratory equipment and devices
Assisting Scientists when necessary
Chemical Waste Collection
Testing Safety Showers & Eye Washes
Chemical Spill Response
* Shipping & Receiving
Receiving Packages and notifying recipients
Scheduling package pickups through various couriers and shipping vendors
* Using up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
* Additional duties as required
Attention to detail and teamwork are key!
* The ability to read and understand SOPs, policies, and procedures
* The ability to lift 50lbs, work overhead and stand for extended periods.
* Complete all training requirements for specific work areas.
* Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through adherence to safety guidelines
* Ability to follow through independently and effectively on multiple tasks, but also work as part of a team
* Ability to work in a regulated and disciplined environment
* Proficient in safety and environmental compliance are required.
* Should be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50 lbs.
* 0-2 years experience in a lab or R&D setting is preferred
Where you work:
* Lab setting - subject to chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors, and related items in a lab and samples setting
* Setting requires standing for extended periods of time
OFCCP Statement - Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm with the possibility of coming in early, staying late, and occasional weekend work as needed.
- Job Reference: 386584268-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Pace Life Sciences
- Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent