Apply for this job now
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCC) is a publicly traded company that continues to be a leader in the environmental services industry. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing company. HCC offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We are willing to provide complete training for this opportunity!
The Lab Technician position functions as essential support for the analytical needs of Heritage-Crystal Clean by assuming responsibility for all aspects of laboratory analysis, documentation, review, and reporting, along with all applicable QC testing and documentation.
The Lab Technician position relies on instruction and pre-established guidelines, and works under immediate supervision. The Lab Technician position is staffed 24/7/365 and works 12hr shifts (primarily straight days or nights).
* Lab Analysis
* Performing required test parameters on all sample types
* Any additional testing as required
* Accurate written and electronic documentation and reporting
* Communication with multiple departments via written and electronic methods
* Utilize safe work practices and adhere to all facility safety policies
* Understand and execute emergency response duty of opening 10th gate
* General housekeeping
* Maintain clean, organized lab, free from hazards
* Assist with proper sample and waste disposal
* Other duties as assigned by Lab Manager, Lab Supervisors, or Senior Lab Technicians
Position Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Interact with others in a positive and courteous manner
* Maintain a professional demeanor
* Accept constructive criticism and coaching
* Organized, on task and works with minimal supervision
* Effectively interact with management team, operations, and other internal contacts, in addition to external suppliers or contractors as required
* Present a positive image of Heritage-Crystal Clean to fellow employees, customers and the general public
* Entry-level position
Education, Certificates, Licenses, or Designations
* Minimum 2 year college degree or certificate in laboratory science or related field required
* 4+ years lab experience in lieu of education considered
* Basic knowledge of lab methods and vocabulary
* Basic knowledge of lab equipment
* Basic knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
Personal Protective Equipment
* Safety glasses
* Nitrile gloves
* Lab coat
* Steel-toed shoes
Must be willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations.
All applicants must pass the pre-employment physical including drug & alcohol screening
HCC expressly values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages the applications of individuals from diverse backgrounds, so that HCC reflects the communities and customers that we serve.
Heritage Crystal Clean LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
- Job Reference: 386584786-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Heritage
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent