Apply for this job now
- Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Job Type
- 1 Oct 2021
Apply for this job now
Job Title: Lab Technician
Reports To: Lab Working Supervisor
Location: New Mexico - Various
A Lab Technician performs preparation, analysis and data entry on all samples at various plant locations. This position requires attention to detail, strong computer skills and the ability to perform physically intensive work such as frequent walking and standing.
* Properly split and prepare all solid samples for analyzing using XRD, TOC and flame photometry laboratory techniques
* Accurately log, analyze and report results of any test work in an electronic format
* Work cooperatively with other lab members and engineering technicians on various projects and tasks as needed
* Ensure correct function of all laboratory instruments through testing and cleaning
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or GED - trade/technical, or some college education, preferred
* Valid Driver's License
* Intermediate computer skills, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, etc.
* Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, rotating day and night
* Medical plans with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance and vision insurance
* 401(K) with immediate vesting and generous employer match
* Work-life balance with family-friendly work schedules
* Opportunity to grow within position through Intrepid's career path program
SCHEDULE AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
12-hour work days, rotating shift schedule. Schedule subject to change.
* Both outdoors, in a non-temperature controlled environment subject to weather conditions, and indoors, in a temperature-controlled office environment
* Exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels
* Employees are required to wear safety attire and personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
* Frequent walking and standing
* Sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, perceiving color differences, making precise hand and finger movements, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, and push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders, and potentially work at heights
* Will be required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and engage in strenuous physical activity
A pre-placement physical and hair follicle drug test will be required for anyone selected for this opportunity. Placement into the position will not be made until the results are received and cleared by Intrepid.
Intrepid is an entrepreneurial organization committed to developing unique and environmentally sound ways of extracting minerals of global importance to multiple industries. While our legacy potassium products hold a strong reputation in the agriculture and feed industries, the expansion of our water, brine and other solutions contributes to the oil and gas industries to support energy resources. This diversification of products and customers expands our growth and impact beyond yesterday's needs. Working at Intrepid, you will experience the commitment, teamwork, and growth in every role and experience.
- Job Reference: 386581861-2
- Date Posted: 1 October 2021
- Recruiter: Intrepid Mining, LLC
- Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent