Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is leading growth in the Small Business market with a dedicated focus on Specialty Market (General Agent, Third Party Entity, PEO and Associations) relationships. We are looking for you to drive continuous improvement, timeliness and accuracy of our case implementations both at the group and process level as part of the Specialty Market Operations Organization in Group Benefits Operation. In this team management and leadership role, you will partner closely with sales, underwriting and external relationships to identify and execute on customer commitments while leading a team of customer and home office implementation associates. Specialty Market Operations is a diverse team of implementation, client service and billing associates supporting the General Agent, Third Party Entity, Professional Employer Organization (PEO), Association and Trust market space.
* Acts in a contributing role to the implementation project team on larger, moderately complex installation projects. Converts clients' plan participant data to administrative recordkeeping and payment systems. Coordinates responses to day-to-day client service requests during the installation and conversion process.
* Participates in post-sale activities in setting up or converting client cases.
* Reviews sold plan and project timeline with sales staff to identify any non-standard provisions or services.
* Partners with other business units (Sales, IT, etc.) to ensure that implementations are delivered consistently, timely, and accurately.
* May participate in sales presentations, and/or consult on plan design and administrative services; may recommend alternative plan provisions or administrative processes in place of non-standard or incompatible requests.
* Negotiates final plan design features and administrative services; finalizes plan design and communicates to the implementation team.
* Identifies implementation-related problems and helps resolve issues.
* Reviews and executes legal documents; prepares and finalizes project plans.
* Conducts weekly or periodic status meetings with various parties to review progress and resolve issues.
* Transfers cases to the appropriate administration group once implementation is complete.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 2+ years relevant business experience
* Strong problem solving and communication
* Detail oriented and organized
* Strong customer service skills/customer centricity.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Client-facing Project Management experience preferred
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 120220