Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer's doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that's right for you!
Responsible researching, analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving inventory issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn and operate power equipment.
- Interest in and affinity for problem solving, investigating, and troubleshooting issues
- Interest in and affinity for researching issues using various tools: Mainframe, RF, WM, and Stella
- Ability to make connections and inferences based on limited data; initiative to explore potential root cause and determine best resolution.
- Initiative to ask questions, make suggestions, make on the spot decisions.
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC's, hand-held computers or other such devices.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and safety/security guidance.
- Adhere to conveyor lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Work on elevated platforms and conveyor systems.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Inventory experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand and communicate directions in facility regarding standard operating.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency. Team player, high standard for integrity and accuracy. Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.