About Gallagher: Gallagher is one of the world's largest insurance brokerage, risk management services and human capital consulting firms. Every day our clients and prospects face massive challenges across a range of issues. Gallagher's advisors understand an organization and how hard they work to deliver on promises. We act as a global partner to our clients in protecting, restoring and rebuilding their organization to be sure they are poised for growth and success. Our employees are fueled by teamwork, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
On a global scale, we provide a full range of retail and wholesale property and casualty brokerage and alternative risk transfer services, extensive employee benefit consulting, and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services, human resource consulting, and retirement services to clients around the world.
Gallagher was the only insurance brokerage company recognized as one of 2021's World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere. This is the tenth consecutive year we have been honored to receive this distinction. In addition, we were recently named as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity 2021 by Forbes.
Your Summer at Gallagher: We are looking for internally driven individuals excited to explore a career in sales
and client relations that is rewarding personally, professionally, and financially. Your internship at Gallagher c ould be the first step on a career path that offers tremendous growth potential.
Nearly all of our entry-level s ales professionals started as an intern. We are very proud of this fact and believe it speaks volumes about our one-of-a-kind company and culture.
Gallagher is a unique organization defined and made better every single day by our dedicated employees. In addition, our comprehensive "learning by doing" experience provides you with a realistic look at what it means to be a Gallagher Producer through job shadowing, presentations, client project assignments, prospecting, and more.
You will have exposure to all divisions and service lines with the opportunity to work in one primary area: Gallagher Global Brokerage , Gallagher Benefit Services, Risk Placement Services or Gallagher Bassett Services.
A Tremendous & Rewarding Opportunity for candidates with the following:
- A competitive spirit, self-starter attitude, and enthusiasm to understand client needs
- Excellent relationship management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- A passion to build a supportive network and thrive within a growing entrepreneurial Fo rt un e 500 organization
- A passion to learn and be mentored by employees excited to help navigate your career
Sample Intern Projects & Responsibilities:
- Understanding Consultative Selling: Shadowing Gallagher producers, consultants and underwriting teams as they connect with clients and prospects to gain a better understanding of Gallagher's sales and marketing process.
- Professional Development: Attending Intern Orientation and various weekly training events to further develop critical qualities of a successful sales professional (i.e. communication, emotional intelligence, networking, etc.)
- Competition: Collaborating with peers in national and regional sales competitions to challenge your passion for sales and curiosity of the insurance brokerage world
- Building Professional Acumen: Learning about Gallagher's Risk Management, Benefits, Wholesale and Claims businesses to gain a better understanding of clients' needs and opportunities for growth
- Culture: Adopting Gallagher's unique culture, the "Gallagher Way," on how to ethically serve our external and internal clientele; Participating in various lo c al community service events
- Being a Team Player: Assisting in various regional and/or branch projects to support Gallagher's sales and service initiatives
- Having fun!
You can find out more from our social media channels @LifeAtGallagher or #LifeAtGallagher.
- Rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2024
- Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to the following: Risk Management and Insurance, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Ge n er al Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences
- All candidates are required to submit an application via
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. We will require proof of work authorization
- Willing to execute the Company's Employee Agreement which requires, among other things, post- employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non- disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business