First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
At First Student, the Field Technical Innovation Trainer will guide and assist location management and drivers in establishing proper operating processes and procedures to support school district route scheduling and operations. They will provide training and support for scheduling applications as well as the DriverHub Tablet Workflow Application. They will also travel to depots for three weeks out of the month for onsite training and support.
While our Corporate Headquarters is based out of Cincinnati, OH, this role will cover a territory primarily within Illinois and Indiana. Candidates based in this region are preferred.
Field Technical Innovation Trainer Responsibilities:
- Participates as a SME in school bus operations and leads the deployment needed processes to allow success with route scheduling and DriverHub training and support. Becomes a SME of the Driver Hub Workflow application and leads assigned onsite support.
- Provides guidance for locations in preparation for deployment and performs duties onsite during implementation.
- Assists in the ongoing development and communication of the vision and mission of Project Adiona and the DriverHub solution.
- Leads driver training sessions and supports drivers in the yard and as part of selected ride-alongs
- Effectively manages time, resources, and processes.
- Supports change in people, structure, and processes that move the organization from where we are now to where we want to be.
- Takes full accountability to deliver on commitments.
- Establishes partnerships at all levels and within the team or department to achieve optimum results.
- Supports vision and mission, achieves aggressive performance targets, continuously improves performance, assists others, and recognizes others for their contribution.
- Escalates all identified issues
Field Technical Innovation Trainer Experience and Skills Required:
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Logistics and operations background (2+ years)
- Excellent analytic and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Displays leadership and has ability to challenge others in a team environment
- Total travel is expected to be 75% to US and Canada based locations
- Candidate is expected to travel three weeks out of the month and work out of the Cincinnati HQ location one week out of the month
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. As an industry leader, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.