Apply for this job now
Equipment Operator- Utility Construction Division (30)
- Bow, New Hampshire
- Job Type
- 22 Jul 2021
Apply for this job now
R.H. White is a family-owned construction management and general contracting company that has been in operation since 1923. It has five primary business divisions: building construction, construction services, mechanical construction, utility construction and water utility management and operations.
In addition to its Auburn, Massachusetts corporate headquarters and training center, the company also has multiple locations throughout New England. We are proud of our workforce's long record of loyal service which we believe is directly correlated to our family culture and focus on employee safety and training.
R.H. White has received numerous awards including the Massachusetts Employer of Choice Award from the Employer's Association of New England (EANE) and the Massachusetts Family Business of the Year Award from Northeastern University's Center for Family Business. Additionally, we have received multiple STEP (Safety, Training, Evaluation Process Awards from the Associated Builders and Contractors of Massachusetts (ABC) and the Gould Construction Institute (GCI) over the last decade.
A business does not grow without investing in its employees and we recognize that our team members are the foundation of our success. So, if you are looking for a dynamic and rewarding career with a diversified and growing business, consider joining R.H. White.
Operates a variety of power construction equipment within New England states, and assists utility construction crew in performing their assigned duties.
* High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent relevant experience.
* 2+ years of previous general labor construction experience.
* MA Hoisting license, or other applicable state license.
* Ability to read and write English.
* OSHA 10 Construction Certification, or ability to obtain during pre-employment (company provided online training).
* Ability to pass appropriate written tasks and associated Operator Qualification tests.
* Obtain and maintain a DOT medical card and pass drug screen (company provided)
* Ability to obtain and maintain a valid unrestricted Driver's License.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
* Adhere to all Company Safety Policies and the Company Code of Conduct.
* Operates power equipment such as excavators, backhoes, and front-end loaders to excavate or move dirt, rock, sand, gravel, and other materials.
* Exercise proper care, maintenance, and operation of company equipment.
* Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading
* Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
* Maintain trenching and shoring standards to ensure proper safety standards are met.
* Regularly inspects and maintains equipment as required.
* Drive machine to workplace, lift and move materials and objects, and operate according to signals from others.
* Digs, spreads and levels dirt, gravel, or sand; and mixes, pours, and spreads concrete and asphalt using hand tools.
* Performs a variety of machine and non-machine tasks such as removing forms, placing pipe in trench, jack hammering and tapping.
* Performs miscellaneous other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Job Reference: 334013842-2
- Date Posted: 22 July 2021
- Recruiter: R.H.WHITE COMPANIES
- Location: Bow, New Hampshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent