Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâs leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâs infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a dynamic Electrical Engineering Designer II, who is customer focused and is passionate about making products safer, more reliable and durable. This position will report to the Engineering Manager with direction/tasks from the manager and engineers. In this position, the successful candidate will create models, drawings, bills of material and engineering change notifications. This position will also include being part of cross-functional teams assigned with developing new products and platforms to meet scope, quality, schedule, and cost commitments.
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Omaha, NE. This position may involve occasional travel to visit manufacturing facilities and customer sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create or supervise the creation and release of design drawings to production facilities
- Maintain the accuracy and security of all design model and drawing data inside the PLM system
- Provide technical assistance to the Lindsay Sales, Customer Service, and Production teams
- Travel to manufacturing facilities and customer sites as needed
- Execute assignments on time and on target; product specifications, cost, schedules, and budgets
- Identify and execute innovations/improvements to Lindsay products and processes
- Support Lindsayâs values
- Communicate honestly, immediately, and concisely
- Take command of work assignments, work with little or no supervision
- Ensure that all effort complies with ISO 9000 requirements
- 2 Yr. Associates Degree in Drafting for Electrical Design, Mechanical Design or equivalent
- 3 years min. experience in 3D modeling and creating 2D design drawings using SolidWorks or equivalent.
- 3 years min. experience in AutoCAD mechanical or technical (preferred AutoCAD Electrical) or equivalent, not AutoCAD architectural.
- 3 years min. experience with modeling and drafting electrical schematics and large assemblies.
- Working knowledge of electrical panel assemblies; familiarity with electrical assembly process and electrical schematics a plus.
- Has performed PDM administration of the Engineering models and drawings
- Experienced in working in a formal drawing document control system
- Knowledgeable in creating bills of materials and parametric system drawing trees
- Technical expertise with ASME Y14.xxx Drawing Standards
- Desired experience in using APQP/DFSS tools (DFMEA, DFMA, DVP&R, etc.)
- Has a high mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Desired Adobe Illustrator experience
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficient with MS Office products